Rebels with a Cause: Working with Adolescents Using Action Techniques.
with Mario Cossa, USA/Bali
In this Course presenter demonstrates how to develop more effective, and engaging approach than talking, to those who work with youth. He provides clear explanations and instructions for using action techniques from Psychodrama, Sociodrama, and Sociometry for working with this population.
Working with adolescents presents a unique set of challenges due to the accelerated neurological, biological, and social changes that occur from the onset of puberty into early adulthood. This course offers an in-depth exploration of the developmental challenges specific to this population, while emphasizing the effectiveness of action methods in engaging with youth. Gain valuable insights into establishing and cultivating better working relationships with adolescents, understanding their developmental challenges, and effectively addressing issues. This course provides a transformative perspective, equipping you with the tools to better navigate the challenges of working with adolescents during this critical stage of their lives.
For those who work with youth (11 to 24 years old) online or in-person:
Therapists, Counselors, Educators, Teachers, Coaches, Substance use Counselors and parents.
Describe the developmental needs of Adolescents and ways that action methods can support youth workers in guiding members of this population. Observe and describe life experiences without judgment or shame, identify supportive factors and obstacles in adolescents' lives and define effective approaches for addressing issues related to this age.
• Describe physical, neurological, and social changes that occur during adolescence;
• Practice to direct action techniques suited to working with adolescents;
• Define the TSM Psychodrama Prescriptive Roles of Restoration, Observation, & Containment and recite at least one action activity that supports the development of these 3 types of roles;
• List the age parameters and characteristics that divide adolescent development into various stages;
• Explain the parallels between Group Development and Individual Development;
• List and define the stages of group development and the challenges for each stage;
• Describe the relationship of The Circle of Values to the sociometric activity The Social/Cultural Atom and facilitate the process for creating a Circle of Values on paper and in action;
• Observe and describe life experiences without judgement, shame, or blame, explore/evaluate the message they carry from families, peers, and society and assess what support them and what hold them back;
• Describe how “addictions” can be defined in physical, neurological, and behavioral terms and define the environmental and treatment factors that important to evaluate while working with substance use/abuse with youth;
• Name the roles from adolescence that no longer serve adult selves; create a new job description for these roles that would serve better in present life, and in the work with youth.
Mario Cossa RDT/MT, TEP, TSM Trainer – founder and Director of Motivational Arts Unlimited, and recipient of the ASGPP Innovator’s Award, 2019. Mario brings decades of experience as a group facilitator and psychodrama director and has worked in the USA, Canada, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Korea, and China.
• Video lectures - Total time 4.5 Hours, Including:
Module 1: 60 min // Module 2: 35 min // Module 3: 27 min // Module 4: 25 min // Module 5: 10 min //Module 6: 60 Min // Module 7: 50 min
• Video Demonstration - Total time 8 Hours, Including:
Module 1: 59 min // Module 2: 113 min // Module 3: 114 min // Module 4: 43 min // Module 5: 66 min // Module 6: 45 min // Module 7: 48 min
• Handouts - Total time 5.5 Hours, Including:
Module 1: 30 min // Module 2: 22 min // Module 3: 70 min // Module 4: 50 min // Module 5: 53 min // Module 7: 90 min
• Test - Total 3.3 Hours, Including:
Module 1 to 7 each 30 min
• Course Survey - Total 0.5 Hours, Including:
Module 1 to 7 each 5 min
• Psychodrama with Adolescents. Interview with M.Cossa. 3 Parts.
• Practicum - Total 7.5 Hours, Including:
Module 1: 90 min // Module 2: 80 min // Module 3: 90 min // Module 4: 30 min // Module 5: 45 min // Module 6: 70 min // Module 7: 45 min
Hours for Certificate:
• 29 Hours on Action Exploration Education Certificate (applicable for Psychodrama certification):
Module 1: 4.5 Hours // Module 2: 4.5 Hours, Module 3: 5.5 Hours // Module 4: 3 Hours // Module 5: 3.5 Hours // Module 6: 3.5 Hours // Module 7: 4.5 Hours
• 17.5 Hours on CE (excludes test, survey and practicum time):
Module 1: 2.5 Hours // Module 2: 3 Hours // Module 3: 3.5 Hours // Module 4: 2 Hours // Module 5: 2 Hours // Module 6: 1.5 Hours // Module 7: 3 Hours
Information on Continuing Education Credits
Psychodrama professional certification training hours:
• American Board of Examiners - ABE accepts a maximum of 120 training hours for psychodrama distance learning. This module/course will count as asynchronous distance learning as long as the primary trainer approves it.
• International Boards: You may be able to submit this certificate to your local Psychodrama board. Please contact your respective local board for information.
To obtain Psychodrama training hours:
a) Pass the test with at least 70% correct;
b) Fill in the survey.
Experiential training hours:
• International Society of Experiential Professionals: ISEP accepts experiential training hours administered by a TEP trainer. More information will be provided shortly.
Social workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Professional Counselors:
• We are working on getting board's approvals and will update this information shortly.
• You may be able to submit this certificate for credits in other mental health disciplines. Please contact your local board for information.
$ 300 (Bundle) ̶$̶ ̶3̶6̶5̶ ̶(̶I̶n̶d̶i̶v̶i̶d̶u̶a̶l̶)̶*
. . ...........******** (180 days access) **************(100 days access)
*7 individually purchased Modules cost $365 for 100 days access while the bundle of 7 modules only costs $300 for 180 days access
May we send you a biweekly newsletter?
When subscribed you will ONLY receive info on:
V Invitations for free limited-space courses
V Free video releases
V Newly released courses and discounts
V Invitations to our events
You will NOT receive: