For many youth-serving professionals, as well as for many parents, spending time guiding adolescents can trigger own, unresolved, adolescent issues. Often this occurs beneath conscious level of awareness. This module invites the viewer to join an action process for identifying and working toward resolving these issues.
For those who work with youth (11 to 24 years old) online or in-person:
Therapists, Counselors, Educators, Teachers, Coaches, Substance use Counselors and parents - who want to explore their own, unresolved, adolescent issues.
Explore personal adolescent experiences and unresolved issues that linger into adult life. Identify the messages and roles from adolescence that no longer serve, and rewrite the narrative in a manner that is more appropriate to healthy adult functioning.
• Create the Social/Cultural Atom from a specific time in the participants' adolescence;
• List strengths that were present as adolescents and still possess, and strengths that were not part of repertoire;
• Name the roles from adolescence that no longer serve adult selves; create a new job description for these roles that would serve better in present life, and in the work with youth.
Mario Cossa RDT/MT, TEP, TSM Trainer – founder and Director of Motivational Arts Unlimited, and recipient of the ASGPP Innovator’s Award, 2019. Mario brings decades of experience as a group facilitator and psychodrama director and has worked in the USA, Canada, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Korea, and China.
• Video lectures - 50 min
• Video Demonstration - 48 min
• Handouts - 90 min
• Test - 30 min
• Course Survey - 5 min
• Psychodrama with Adolescents. Interview with M.Cossa. 3 Parts.
• Practicum - 45 min
Hours for Certificate:
• 4.5 Hours on Action Exploration Education Certificate (applicable for Psychodrama certification)
• 3 Hours on CE (excludes test, survey and practicum time)
Information on Continuing Education Credits
Psychodrama professional certification training hours:
• American Board of Examiners - ABE accepts a maximum of 120 training hours for psychodrama distant learning. This module/course will count as asynchronous distance-learning as long as the primary trainer approves it.
• International Boards: You may be able to submit this certificate to your local Psychodrama board. Please contact your respective local board for information.
To obtain Psychodrama training hours:
a) Pass the test with at least 70% correct
b) Fill in the survey
Experiential training hours:
• International Society of Experiential Professionals: ISEP accepts experiential training hours administered by a TEP trainer. More information will be provided shortly.
Social workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Professional Counselors:
• We are working on getting board's approvals and will update this information shortly.
• You may be able to submit this certificate for credits in other mental health disciplines. Please contact your local board for information.