Course: Rebels with a Cause: Working with Adolescents Using Action Techniques.
With Mario Cossa, USA/Bali
Module 3. Working in Adolescent Groups: Using Psychodrama to Support Group Development & Process
In this module presenter demonstrates how to develop more effective, and engaging approach than talking, to those who work with youth. He provides clear explanations and instructions for using action techniques from Psychodrama, Sociodrama, and Sociometry for working with this population.
Working with adolescents in groups is an ideal modality as it is supported by the adolescent need to operate within a peer culture. It also provides challenges of being able to overcome the hesitancy often seen in young people to trust those outside of their own social circle. Action methods are particularly suited to working with groups to support the building of strong, supportive connections within the group as well as helping young people make sense of and be able to articulate their experiences.
For those who work with youth (11 to 24 years old) online or in-person:
Therapists, Counselors, Educators, Teachers, Coaches, Substance use Counselors and parents. It is especially relevant to those working with groups.
Explore the definitions and elements of Group Development and Group Process and the ways in which Psychodrama and related action methods can support meeting the challenges at each stage of group development.
• Define concisely what is meant by the terms Group Development and Group Process;
• Explain the parallels between Group Development and Individual Development;
• List and define the stages of group development and the challenges for each stage;
• Describe and demonstrate action activities that support the group process needed to negotiate successfully the challenges of each stage of group development.
Mario Cossa RDT/MT, TEP, TSM Trainer – founder and Director of Motivational Arts Unlimited, and recipient of the ASGPP Innovator’s Award, 2019. Mario brings decades of experience as a group facilitator and psychodrama director and has worked in the USA, Canada, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Korea, and China.
• Video lectures - 27 min
• Video Demonstration - 114 min
• Handouts - 70 min
• Test - 30 min
• Course Survey - 5 min
• Psychodrama with Adolescents. Interview with M. Cossa. 3 Parts.
• Practicum - 90 min
Hours for Certificate:
• 5.5 Hours on Action Exploration Education Certificate (applicable for Psychodrama certification)
• 3.5 Hours on CE (excludes test, survey and practicum time)
Information on Continuing Education Credits
Psychodrama professional certification training hours:
• American Board of Examiners - ABE accepts a maximum of 120 training hours for psychodrama distant learning. This module/course will count as asynchronous distance-learning as long as the primary trainer approves it.
• International Boards: You may be able to submit this certificate to your local Psychodrama board. Please contact your respective local board for information.
To obtain Psychodrama training hours:
a) Pass the test with at least 70% correct
b) Fill in the survey
Experiential training hours:
• International Society of Experiential Professionals: ISEP accepts experiential training hours administered by a TEP trainer. More information will be provided shortly.
Social workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Professional Counselors:
• We are working on getting board's approvals and will update this information shortly.
• You may be able to submit this certificate for credits in other mental health disciplines. Please contact your local board for information.
(100 Days Access)
*Recommended Videos Not Included in Total Hours for Certificate
Rebels with a Cause: Working with Adolescents Using Action Techniques.
Students can buy one separate module or the whole course of 7 modules with a bundle discount.
May we send you a biweekly newsletter?
When subscribed you will ONLY receive info on:
V Invitations for free limited-space courses
V Free video releases
V Newly released courses and discounts
V Invitations to our events
You will NOT receive: