Role Training: Practical Applications.
What is so great about Role Training? Suppose an individual is not satisfied with the present situation. For instance, Mary wants a promotion at her work but does not get it. She already tried to talk to her boss, but all communications were unsuccessful, and she’d like to be more effective in her interaction. She wants to get her promotion, or at least clear answers from her boss on their plan to validate her effort.
Role Training works outstandingly on an adult’s social skills; supervision for students and teachers; supervision for mental health professionals and any employees; for working on saying “NO” to children, adolescents and adults; on effective communication; asking for promotion at work; kind and firm ways communicate uncomfortable topics; coaching students, therapists, professionals; telling bad news; parent and teacher dealing with difficult teenager; setting boundaries; giving bad news; supervision/mentoring; resolving conflict; developing skills in professional roles; developing interpersonal skills in personal relationships; psychoeducation; and many others situations when communication needs to be more effective or the old behavior doesn’t work and needs to be changed.
In the course, Rebecca Walters demonstrates theoretically and practically how to use Sociodramatic (for psychoeducation) & Psychodramatic (for therapy) Role Training for the group.
Video 1 (lecture) is the same for both modules, where Rebecca describes both approaches - Psychodramatic and Sociodramatic.
If you’d like to learn how to lead Sociodramatic & Psychodramatic Role training, this course is for you.
For: psychodramatists, psychologists, educators, supervisors (any kind), professionals working with children and adolescents, and people who are interested in personal development and trying new effective roles via action method.
Describe basic Moreno’s ideas on roles and spontaneity.
- Describe two differences between psychodramatic and sociodramatic role training and between Psychodrama and Sociodrama;
- Identify three basic techniques, used in Sociodramatic & Psychodramatic role training;
- Determine Differentiate when Psychodramatic and Sociodramatic approach works best;
- Practice directing Sociodramatic & Psychodramatic role training.
· Video lectures - 36 min
· Practical video Demonstration - 104 min
· Handouts - 2 min
- Practicum - 90 min
- Breaks - 80 min
Information on Continuing Education Credits
Psychodrama professional certification training hours:
• American Board of Examiners - ABE accepts a maximum of 120 training hours for psychodrama distant learning. This module/course will count as asynchronous distance-learning as long as the primary trainer approves it.
• Psychodrama Association for Europe e.V.: We are working on getting board approval and will update this information shortly.
• International Boards: You may be able to submit this certificate to your local Psychodrama board. Please contact your respective local board for information.
To obtain Psychodrama training hours:
a) Pass the test with at least 70% correct
b) Fill in the survey
Experiential training hours:
• International Society of Experiential Professionals: ISEP accepts experiential training hours administered by a TEP trainer. More information will be provided shortly.
National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) hours: We are working on getting board approval and will update this information shortly.
Social workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Professional Counselors:
• We are working on getting board's approvals and will update this information shortly.
• You may be able to submit this certificate for credits in other mental health disciplines. Please contact your local board for information.
$ 90 (Bundle) ̶$̶1̶1̶0̶ ̶(̶I̶n̶d̶i̶v̶i̶d̶u̶a̶l̶)̶*
. . ...........******** (180 days access) **************(100 days access)
*2 individually purchased Modules cost $110 for 100 days access while the bundle of 2 modules only costs $90 for 180 days access
May we send you a biweekly newsletter?
When subscribed you will ONLY receive info on:
V Invitations for free limited-space courses
V Free video releases
V Newly released courses and discounts
V Invitations to our events
You will NOT receive: