Rebels with a Cause: Working with Adolescents Using Action Techniques
with Mario Cossa, USA/Bali
Module 6. Sex and Drugs and Rock “n” Roll – Adolescents and addictions.
In this module presenter demonstrates how to develop more effective, and engaging approach than talking, to those who work with youth. He provides clear explanations and instructions for using action techniques from Psychodrama, Sociodrama, and Sociometry for working with this population.
Adolescence is a time when experimentation with drugs is often part of the social norm. Unfortunately, the changing sensitivities within the adolescent brain make it particularly susceptible to addiction. This module demonstrates practical action methods for supporting youth in understanding the process of addictions as well as for rehearsing sober behaviors.
For those who work with youth (11 to 24 years old) online or in-person:
Therapists, Counselors, Educators, Teachers, Coaches, Substance use Counselors and parents.
Identify the factors to consider on substance use issues, when working with youth, and facilitate a range of action activities for exploring substance use and abuse and practicing sober behaviors.
• Describe how “addictions” can be defined in physical, neurological, and behavioral terms and define the environmental and treatment factors that important to evaluate while working with substance use/abuse with youth;
• Explore a relationship with the substance(s) of choice and understand the parallels between a relationship with a drug and an abusive interpersonal relationship.
Mario Cossa RDT/MT, TEP, TSM Trainer – founder and Director of Motivational Arts Unlimited, and recipient of the ASGPP Innovator’s Award, 2019. Mario brings decades of experience as a group facilitator and psychodrama director and has worked in the USA, Canada, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Korea, and China.
• Video lectures - 60 min
• Handouts - 45 min
• Test - 30 min
• Course Survey - 5 min
• Psychodrama with Adolescents. Interview with M. Cossa. 3 Parts.
• Practicum - 70 min
Hours for Certificate:
• 3.5 Hours on Action Exploration Education Certificate (applicable for Psychodrama certification)
• 1.5 Hours on CE (excludes test, survey and practicum time)
Information on Continuing Education Credits
Psychodrama professional certification training hours:
• American Board of Examiners - ABE accepts a maximum of 120 training hours for psychodrama distant learning. This module/course will count as asynchronous distance-learning as long as the primary trainer approves it.
• International Boards: You may be able to submit this certificate to your local Psychodrama board. Please contact your respective local board for information.
To obtain Psychodrama training hours:
a) Pass the test with at least 70% correct
b) Fill in the survey
Experiential training hours:
• International Society of Experiential Professionals: ISEP accepts experiential training hours administered by a TEP trainer. More information will be provided shortly.
Social workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Professional Counselors:
• We are working on getting board's approvals and will update this information shortly.
• You may be able to submit this certificate for credits in other mental health disciplines. Please contact your local board for information.
(100 Days Access)
*Recommended Videos Not Included in Total Hours for Certificate
Rebels with a Cause: Working with Adolescents Using Action Techniques.
Students can buy one separate module or the whole course of 7 modules with a bundle discount.
May we send you a biweekly newsletter?
When subscribed you will ONLY receive info on:
V Invitations for free limited-space courses
V Free video releases
V Newly released courses and discounts
V Invitations to our events
You will NOT receive: