Rebels with a Cause: Working with Adolescents Using Action Techniques
with Mario Cossa, USA/Bali
Module 4. The Circle of Values: Psychodrama for Values Exploration and Clarification.
In this module presenter demonstrates how to develop more effective, and engaging approach than talking, to those who work with youth. He provides clear explanations and instructions for using action techniques from Psychodrama, Sociodrama, and Sociometry for working with this population.
Adolescence is a time of moving from nearly-blind acceptance of the values of one’s family and culture, to the exploration of the values that will guide one’s transition into adulthood and beyond. Without the opportunity to explore and consider, it can be for some youth, a time of merely substituting the family’s values for the perceived values of the peer group and/or those being espoused on various social media platforms. This module provides an overview of a specific methodology for supporting youth to explore values in a more neutral environment and look more deeply into their relationship with them.
For those who work with youth (11 to 24 years old) online or in-person:
Therapists, Counselors, Educators, Teachers, Coaches, Substance use Counselors and parents. It is especially relevant to those working with groups.
Identify the methodology of introducing adolescents to the idea of exploring their personal values and how to develop and facilitate the activity called the Circle of Values.
• Facilitate an activity to elicit adolescent definitions of the concept of “values;” and list at least 5 examples of values that might be important for adolescents to explore;
• Describe the relationship of The Circle of Values to the sociometric activity The Social/Cultural Atom and facilitate the process for creating a Circle of Values on paper and in action.
Mario Cossa RDT/MT, TEP, TSM Trainer – founder and Director of Motivational Arts Unlimited, and recipient of the ASGPP Innovator’s Award, 2019. Mario brings decades of experience as a group facilitator and psychodrama director and has worked in the USA, Canada, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Korea, and China.
• Video lectures - 25 min
• Video Demonstration - 43 min
• Handouts - 50 min
• Test - 30 min
• Course Survey - 5 min
• Psychodrama with Adolescents. Interview with M.Cossa. 3 Parts.
• Practicum - 30 min
Hours for Certificate:
• 3 Hours on Action Exploration Education Certificate (applicable for Psychodrama certification)
• 2 Hours on CE (excludes test, survey and practicum time)
Information on Continuing Education Credits
Psychodrama professional certification training hours:
• American Board of Examiners - ABE accepts a maximum of 120 training hours for psychodrama distant learning. This module/course will count as asynchronous distance-learning as long as the primary trainer approves it.
• International Boards: You may be able to submit this certificate to your local Psychodrama board. Please contact your respective local board for information.
To obtain Psychodrama training hours:
a) Pass the test with at least 70% correct
b) Fill in the survey
Experiential training hours:
• International Society of Experiential Professionals: ISEP accepts experiential training hours administered by a TEP trainer. More information will be provided shortly.
Social workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Professional Counselors:
• We are working on getting board's approvals and will update this information shortly.
• You may be able to submit this certificate for credits in other mental health disciplines. Please contact your local board for information.
(100 Days Access)
*Recommended Videos Not Included in Total Hours for Certificate
Rebels with a Cause: Working with Adolescents Using Action Techniques.
Students can buy one separate module or the whole course of 7 modules with a bundle discount.
May we send you a biweekly newsletter?
When subscribed you will ONLY receive info on:
V Invitations for free limited-space courses
V Free video releases
V Newly released courses and discounts
V Invitations to our events
You will NOT receive: