Module 3 of 7 in Psychodrama ABE exam preparation course.
Dr. Giacomucci has served as a grader for the ABE exam in the past while publishing and teaching extensively in each of the seven exam areas. He presents in great detail how to prepare for and take the Methodology section of the ABE exam.
Participants will be able to:
-Learn about three phases of Psychodrama; warm up, action and sharing.
-Understand how you would create safety in a one-time workshop demonstrating psychodrama.
-Grasp the concept of resistance in the psychodramatic process, and how you would address resistance and how you would address conflict in a group.
-Learn how to deal with an overly warmed-up protagonist
-Recognize Moreno's concepts of Act Hunger and role fatigue.
-Know how to direct a group member who does not speak your language fluently.
-Define the following techniques and state how you have used them in a psychodrama session: double, mirror, role reversal, Soliloquy, Empty Chair, future projection.
-Understand role taking, role playing and role creating. Learn how you use each during the action phase of a psychodrama group.
-Learn how classical psychodrama moves the protagonist from periphery to core and back to periphery again.
-Relate how is sociodrama different from psychodrama.
-Describe Moreno’s concept of catharsis and its place in psychodrama.
Video lecture on:
-Phases of Psychodrama Session
-Safety in Psychodrama Workshop
-Directing Group Members of Different Languages
-Using Role Taking, Playing, Creating
-Extensive Psychodrama Methodology
-Giacomucci S. (2021) Social Work, Sociometry, and Psychodrama: Experiential Approaches for Group Therapists, Community Leaders, and Social Workers. Chapter 12: Warming-up, Sociometric Selection, and Therapeutic Factors
-Giacomucci S. (2021) Social Work, Sociometry, and Psychodrama: Experiential Approaches for Group Therapists, Community Leaders, and Social Workers. Chapter 13: Essentials of Psychodrama Practice
-Giacomucci S. (2021) Social Work, Sociometry, and Psychodrama: Experiential Approaches for Group Therapists, Community Leaders, and Social Workers. Chapter 14: Advanced Psychodrama Directing
· Video lectures - 90 min
· Handouts - 60 min
Breaks - 30 min
Each 50 min of content requires a 10 min break that will be included in your total certified hours
Hours for Certificate
· 3:00 Hours Total
Information on Continuing Education Credits
Psychodrama professional certification training hours:
• American Board of Examiners - ABE accepts a maximum of 120 training hours for psychodrama distant learning. This module/course will count as asynchronous distance-learning as long as the primary trainer approves it.
• Psychodrama Association for Europe e.V.: We are working on getting board approval and will update this information shortly.
• International Boards: You may be able to submit this certificate to your local Psychodrama board. Please contact your respective local board for information.
To obtain Psychodrama training hours:
a) Pass the test with at least 70% correct
b) Fill in the survey
Experiential training hours:
• International Society of Experiential Professionals: ISEP accepts experiential training hours administered by a TEP trainer. More information will be provided shortly.
Social workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Professional Counselors:
• We are working on getting board's approvals and will update this information shortly.
• You may be able to submit this certificate for credits in other mental health disciplines. Please contact your local board for information.