Module 1 of 7 in Psychodrama ABE exam preparation course.
Dr. Giacomucci has served as a grader for the ABE exam in the past while publishing and teaching extensively in each of the seven exam areas. He presents in great detail how to prepare for and take the history section of the ABE exam.
This module has great examples of research in the field and will teach you how to apply it into your exam responses.
Participants will be able to:
-Prepare for the exam or learn more about the history of Psychodrama
-Outline the history of Psychodrama in great detail
-Relate Psychodrama History to current events
Video lecture on:
-Main historical events in the development of psychodrama, sociometry and group psychotherapy.
-Marginalized groups JL Moreno worked with, the purpose of the work, and how psychodrama, sociometry, and group psychotherapy developed because of it.
-How Moreno challenged the cultural conserves of this time.
-JL Moreno’s books and their significance.
-Moreno’s personal history as it relates to psychodrama
-The contributions Zerka Moreno made to the field of psychodrama, sociometry and group psychotherapy.
-Psychodrama’s standing in the USA and abroad since Moreno’s death
-Giacomucci S. (2021) Social Work, Sociometry, and Psychodrama: Experiential Approaches for Group Therapists, Community Leaders, and Social Workers. Chapter 3: History of Sociometry, Psychodrama, Group Psychotherapy, and Jacob L. Moreno
· Video lectures - 110 min
· Handouts - 15 min
Breaks - 25 min
Each 50 min of content requires a 10 min break that will be included in your total certified hours
Hours for Certificate
· 2:30 Hours Total
Information on Continuing Education Credits
Psychodrama professional certification training hours:
• American Board of Examiners - ABE accepts a maximum of 120 training hours for psychodrama distant learning. This module/course will count as asynchronous distance-learning as long as the primary trainer approves it.
• Psychodrama Association for Europe e.V.: We are working on getting board approval and will update this information shortly.
• International Boards: You may be able to submit this certificate to your local Psychodrama board. Please contact your respective local board for information.
To obtain Psychodrama training hours:
a) Pass the test with at least 70% correct
b) Fill in the survey
Experiential training hours:
• International Society of Experiential Professionals: ISEP accepts experiential training hours administered by a TEP trainer. More information will be provided shortly.
Social workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Professional Counselors:
• We are working on getting board's approvals and will update this information shortly.
• You may be able to submit this certificate for credits in other mental health disciplines. Please contact your local board for information.