About the course:
This video course introduces Innovative Clinical Psychodrama as an effective and safe method for treating trauma and PTSD. Recent research in the neurobiology of trauma and attachment underscores the efficacy of experiential, body-based approaches in psychotherapy and education. Clinicians working with trauma aim to establish a secure and contained therapeutic environment. Action therapy plays a pivotal role but can sometimes trigger unprocessed trauma material, leading to flashbacks and decompensation. TSM, developed by Board Certified Psychodrama Trainers, Educators, and Practitioners Kate Hudgins, Ph.D., and Francesca Toscani, M.Ed., TEP, serves as a guide for trauma treatment. TSM integrates classical psychodrama, attachment theory, and insights from interpersonal neurobiology and trauma theory, enhancing safety and structure when working with trauma.
This video module processes the 9th module group session, unraveles the dynamics of simultaneous protagonists and projective identification. The session showcases mastery in the roles of TSM Director and Assistant Leader, utilizing diagrams for effective processing. It also illustrates elevating spontaneity through innovative Self Renaming techniques. Join the processing session where Dr. Kate and Ina Hogenboom share valuable teaching moments. If you are buying individual modules, we recommend purchasing this one along with module 9th for a comprehensive understanding.
This module is designed for:
• Social workers
• Counselors (including substance use counselors)
Appropriate for those who are new to action methods, as well as experienced practitioners, students in mental health fields, and those who want to develop their skills in action methods. Acting skills are not necessary.
How and where to use:
• Issues/concerns: trauma work, ptsd, cptsd
• In Clinical and non-clinical setting
• Individual and group setting
• Online and in-person (therapy, counseling, classes, group leading)
• Education and Coaching
This model provides a secure and effective approach for various objectives, including class management, fostering group cohesion, supporting group development, facilitating organizational development, and addressing business-related tasks.
• Describe how to recognize Projective Identification.
• Explore the functions of the TSM Team Roles, including Director and Assistant Leader.
• Describe how to utilize diagrams in the processing of the sessions.
• Discover how to sustain spontaneity in a Simultaneous Protagonist Psychodrama through the use of Renaming.
• Explore how to process different Protagonist roles
• Discover that action methods help your clients to express long-hidden talents, feelings, and dreams.
• Engaging Content: Immerse yourself in captivating video content
• Comprehensive Resources: Access valuable handouts to reinforce your knowledge
Dr. Kate Hudgins is PhD, TEP, an inspirational leader and a stellar trainer known worldwide for her innovative model of safe and effective trauma treatment. International expert and author on trauma, Kate brings rigorous clinical training in psychology, psychodrama, and experiential psychotherapy as well as cross-cultural and indigenous learning and her own life experience.
• Videos - 62 min
• Handouts - 103 min
• Healing Trauma with the Therapeutic Spiral Mode. Interview with Dr. Hudgins. Part 1
• Healing Trauma with the Therapeutic Spiral Mode. Interview with Dr. Hudgins. Part 2
• Healing Trauma with the Therapeutic Spiral Mode. Interview with Dr. Hudgins. Part 3
• Self Practicum - 30 min
• Test - 30 min
• Course Survey - 5 min
Hours for Certificate:
• 4 Hours on Action Exploration Education Certificate (applicable for Psychodrama certification - includes practicum, test and survey)
Information on Continuing Education Hours
Psychodrama professional certification training hours:
• American Board of Examiners - ABE accepts a maximum of 120 training hours for psychodrama distance learning. This module/course will count as asynchronous distance learning as long as the primary trainer approves it.
• International Boards: You may be able to submit this certificate to your local Psychodrama board. Please contact your respective local board for information.
Experiential training hours:
• International Society of Experiential Professionals: ISEP accepts experiential training hours administered by a TEP trainer. More information will be provided shortly.
Social workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Professional Counselors:
• We are working on getting board's approvals and will update this information shortly.
• You may be able to submit this certificate for credits in other mental health disciplines. Please contact your local board for information.