Comprehensive Preparation for Psychodrama Certification.
with Dr. Scott Giacomucci
Module 5. Ethics.
This Module takes a thorough exploration of ethical principles and standards of practice. Review the APA Code of Ethics in relation to educational, consultative, training, and research practices.
Module 5 of 7 in Psychodrama ABE exam preparation course.
Dr. Giacomucci has served as a grader for the ABE exam in the past while publishing and teaching extensively in each of the seven exam areas. He presents in great detail how to prepare for and take the Ethics section of the ABE exam.
Participants will be able to:
-Describe how you apply this principle to your work as a psychodramatist.
-Discuss the ethical considerations of using touch in psychodrama.
-Learn ethical issues you need to be aware of in leading an on-going psychodrama group.
-Understand how might a director deal with a protagonist who has resolved to do something outside the group that appears to be unethical, illegal or immoral.
-Realize the ethical considerations for group attractions and the implications for everyone the group.
-Learn about ethical principles/standards from the APA Code of Ethics that apply to screening new members for your psychodrama group.
-Understand risks to confidentiality for group members that are distinct from those in individual counseling.
-Learn about APA ethical principles/standards to create safety when leading a psychodrama demonstration to a new group.
Video lecture on:
-Dealing with group members' outside relationships
-How to implement the “Do no Harm” Principle
-Using Physical Touch in Psychodrama
-Open Access Book. Giacomucci S. (2021) Social Work, Sociometry, and Psychodrama: Experiential Approaches for Group Therapists, Community Leaders, and Social Workers. Ch. 10
· Video lectures - 51 min
· Handouts - 24 min
Breaks - 15 min
Each 50 min of content requires a 10 min break that will be included in your total certified hours
Hours for Certificate
· 1:30 Hours Total
Information on Continuing Education Credits
Psychodrama professional certification training hours:
• American Board of Examiners - ABE accepts a maximum of 120 training hours for psychodrama distant learning. This module/course will count as asynchronous distance-learning as long as the primary trainer approves it.
• Psychodrama Association for Europe e.V.: We are working on getting board approval and will update this information shortly.
• International Boards: You may be able to submit this certificate to your local Psychodrama board. Please contact your respective local board for information.
To obtain Psychodrama training hours:
a) Pass the test with at least 70% correct
b) Fill in the survey
Experiential training hours:
• International Society of Experiential Professionals: ISEP accepts experiential training hours administered by a TEP trainer. More information will be provided shortly.
Social workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Professional Counselors:
• We are working on getting board's approvals and will update this information shortly.
• You may be able to submit this certificate for credits in other mental health disciplines. Please contact your local board for information.
(100 Days Access)
Comprehensive Preparation for Psychodrama Certification. 7 Modules
This course is on exam preparation for the psychodrama certification exam administered by the American Board of Examiners (ABE) in Sociometry, Psychodrama, and Group Psychotherapy. The course instructor, Dr. Scott Giacomucci, DSW, LCSW, BCD, CGP, FAAETS, TEP, has served as a grader for the ABE exam in the past while publishing and teaching extensively in each of the seven exam areas. Students can buy each module separately or the full course with the bundle discount.
May we send you a biweekly newsletter?
When subscribed you will ONLY receive info on:
V Invitations for free limited-space courses
V Free video releases
V Newly released courses and discounts
V Invitations to our events
You will NOT receive: