What is Body Dialogue?
Body Dialogue is an action structure that can be applied in clinical and non-clinical environments to facilitate the client’s acceptance of the body and the willingness to listen to it.
Master techniques to help clients heal and reconnect with their bodies, whether you're a therapist, social worker, psychologist, counselor, educator, or coach. Suitable for both beginners and experienced practitioners, this course empowers you to facilitate safe and transformative body dialogue in clinical and non-clinical settings, using techniques such as Doubling and Role Reversal.
This Module is designed for:
Therapists, social workers, psychologists, counselors, psychodramatists, educators, coaches. This module is appropriate for those who are new to action methods, as well as experienced practitioners, students in mental health fields, and those who want to develop their skills in action methods. Acting skills are not necessary. The course also provides help with self-exploration for trauma survivors, wanting to rebuild the broken connection with the body.
How and where to use:
In Clinical and non-clinical environments, both individual and group settings, online and in-person. Aging, body image, eating disorders, self-harm, substance use disorders, trauma of physical, sexual and/or emotional abuse, medical trauma, illness.
Specific module emphasis:
• Role Reversal
• Describe how to create a clinical contract with a client
• Describe how to direct a Body dialogue action structure
• Introduction to Body Dialogue: Explore the transformative potential of Body Dialogue, an action structure applicable in various settings, promoting body acceptance and active listening.
• Masterful Techniques: Develop expertise in helping clients heal and reconnect with their bodies. Learn how to facilitate safe and transformative body dialogues, incorporating techniques like Doubling and Role Reversal.
• Diverse Audience: This course accommodates newcomers to action methods and experienced practitioners, mental health students, and individuals seeking to rebuild their connection with their bodies.
• Achieve Client Transformation: Help clients recognize a safe environment for addressing the fractured bond between the Self and the Body and commit to caring for their bodies.
• Engaging Video Content: Immerse yourself in 60 minutes of video content.
• Comprehensive Handouts: Access 17 minutes of valuable resources to reinforce your knowledge of Body Dialogue
• Knowledge Assessment: Evaluate your understanding with a 30-minute test and provide feedback through a quick 5-minute course survey.
Linda Ciotola M.Ed., TEP, CET III, TSM Trainer, is co-author with Karen Carnabucci of Healing Eating Disorders with Psychodrama and other Action Methods - Beyond the Silence and the Fury, Jessica Kingsley, London, 2013; 2008 recipient of the Zerka Moreno Award and 2019 recipient with Nancy Alexander of the Collaborator's Award and Fellow of the ASGPP.
• Videos - 43 min
• Handouts - 17 min
• Test - 30 min
• Course Survey - 5 min
• Practicum - 30 min
Hours for Certificate:
• 2.0 Hours on Action Exploration Education Certificate (applicable for Psychodrama certification)
Information on Continuing Education Credits
Psychodrama professional certification training hours:
• American Board of Examiners - ABE accepts a maximum of 120 training hours for psychodrama distant learning. This module/course will count as asynchronous distance-learning as long as the primary trainer approves it.
• Continuing Education (CE): We are working on getting an approval and will update this information shortly.
• International Boards: You may be able to submit this certificate to your local Psychodrama board. Please contact your respective local board for information.
To obtain Psychodrama training hours:
a) Pass the test with at least 70% correct
b) Fill in the survey
Experiential training hours:
• International Society of Experiential Professionals: ISEP accepts experiential training hours administered by a TEP trainer. More information will be provided shortly.
Social workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Professional Counselors:
• We are working on getting board's approvals and will update this information shortly.
• You may be able to submit this certificate for credits in other mental health disciplines. Please contact your local board for information.