Module 7 of 11 in the foundation course on TSM. Students may purchase one separate module or the whole course of 11 modules with a bundle discount. For: psychodramatists, psychologists, mental health professionals working with trauma, therapists, and social workers.
Participants will be able to:
-Identify the Defenses types and understand defense mechanisms that develop following trauma, including: survival, obsessions, compulsions, addictions and eating disorders, as well as maladaptive coping skills.
-Identify and name their personal defenses that are used most frequently and how to transform them into higher order coping skills.
-Identify the ways to support people who have had to use defenses to survive trauma and violence to develop more adaptive support systems.
-Learn how to contain defenses such as addictions and eating disorders to prevent relapse and promote post-traumatic growth.
-Direct the TSM Action Intervention of the Manager of Defenses, both with individuals and groups, to combat the effects of personal trauma as well as institutionalized violence.
-Describe how they will apply learning from this workshop in their professional setting(s).
-Direct Circle of Strengths in individual or group settings;
-Direct work with Defenses
-Putting Down Your Defense for Today by Sylvia Israel
-Psychodrama Structure: Finding the Manager of Defenses by Sylvia Israel
-Defenses Charade and Role Play by Sylvia Israel
-Defenses and the Role of the Manager of Defenses by Kate Hudgins & Francesca Toscani
· Video lectures - 24 min
· Video Demonstration - 52 min
· Handouts - 19 min
· Practicum - 30 min
Breaks - 25 min
Each 50 min of content requires a 10 min break that will be included in your total certified hours
Hours for Certificate
· 2:30 Hours Total
Information on Continuing Education Credits
Psychodrama professional certification training hours:
• American Board of Examiners - ABE accepts a maximum of 120 training hours for psychodrama distant learning. This module/course will count as asynchronous distance-learning as long as the primary trainer approves it.
• Psychodrama Association for Europe e.V.: We are working on getting board approval and will update this information shortly.
• International Boards: You may be able to submit this certificate to your local Psychodrama board. Please contact your respective local board for information.
To obtain Psychodrama training hours:
a) Pass the test with at least 70% correct
b) Fill in the survey
Experiential training hours:
• International Society of Experiential Professionals: ISEP accepts experiential training hours administered by a TEP trainer. More information will be provided shortly.
Social workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Professional Counselors:
• We are working on getting board's approvals and will update this information shortly.
• You may be able to submit this certificate for credits in other mental health disciplines. Please contact your local board for information.